The Global Centre of Research & Engagement (GCORE) connects, prepares and protects the global community undertaking fieldwork. Every year a pool of 20 million researchers, journalists, humanitarian and development workers engage with important intellectual and policy problems that lead them to travel and work in sometimes remote, complex and insecure locations. GCORE provides these people and their organisations a specific platform for collaboration, education and risk management to support greater efficiency, effectiveness & safety ‘in the field.’
The GCORE platform is divided into five main areas, Connect, Learn, Prepare, Deploy and Complete.
The team are thrilled to be working with Scotty and his team to bring the GCORE platform to life. The Global Alerting Platform (GAP) is being used to support the ‘deploy’ part of the offering. GAP is allowing GCORE to provide an online tracking platform ‘Field Connect’ which, coupled with tracking devices and satellite comms enables universities to manage their researchers by tracking, monitoring and communicating with them 24 x 7 x 365.
GCORE is one of a kind, to date there has been no digital platform that allows fieldwork researchers to drive international collaboration, to connect and share data, to learn best practice methods of completing fieldwork and to stay safe whilst in the field.
“GCORE has the potential to improve the lives of fieldworkers across the globe and we are excited to be a part of such an innovative and ground breaking project”
– Lucy Finlayson, Client Services Manager at two10degrees
Becoming a member of the GCORE Platform, entitles you to the following benefits:
- CONNECT with each other, share data and form global research teams
- LEARN through online training and on the ground fieldwork course for academic credit
- PREPARE for both research and deployment with tools, templates and accelerators
- DEPLOY supported by satellite tracking devices, mobile scanning and GCORE’s platform
- COMPLETE your research and get help commercializing it supported by your community